Nutrition and Training for Weight Loss Some Useful Recommendations
The recipe for losing weight is simple: you need to reduce the number of calories you eat and increase energy expenditure. This means that it’s important not only to eat right, but also to exercise.
Training for Weight Loss at Home
Does sport help to lose weight? Definitely! To achieve the maximum effect, it is necessary to combine both strength training and aerobic – cardio training for weight loss. The first helps keep the body toned. The latter are fat-burning and develop endurance.
Let’s talk more about cardio workouts.
Skipping rope is a great cardio exercise option for girls and for men. During jumping the leg and abs muscles, pectoral muscles, biceps and triceps are working, dexterity and coordination are developing. In terms of effectiveness, this activity is a great alternative to running and one of the best workouts for weight loss. Besides, it’s easier to find a jump rope at home and start jumping than to talk yourself into jogging outside. And the risk of injuring your knees is much lower.
To get results, start with 10 jumps – and gradually bring it up to 10 minutes in a pattern: 45 seconds of jumps + 15 seconds of rest.
Once you have mastered simple single jumps, connect more complex ones, such as double jumps. Combine different combinations. Too easy? Buy a special skipping rope with a heavy rope or a more “fast” one with metal rope.
It’s important to jump with your knees slightly bent, land on your toes, and rotate the rope with your hands, not your shoulders.
If you’ve never run before, you can start with the following pattern:
- Warm-up, 5-10 minutes of brisk walking.
- Alternate 60 seconds of running and 90 seconds of walking for 20 minutes.
- Warm-up, 5-10 minutes of brisk walking.
- Gradually change the intervals of running and walking, so that in two months you can switch to running only – and run your first five kilometers.
Take care of sneakers with good cushioning, start running at a slow, “conversational” pace, and don’t forget to breathe – preferably deeply and diaphragmatically.
Start swimming. Sign up for classical or step aerobics, to the gym: there you can find fitness exercises for weight loss for beginners. It’s better to work out with a trainer: he will help you make a program of workouts for weight loss.
As a strength training are effective:
- Abs exercises to tone the abdominal muscles.
- Squats (especially with a jumping out or weighted to tighten the buttocks and thighs).
- Exercises with an elastic band for fitness.
There are many variations of these exercises: start with simplified variations and a small number of sets – and gradually complicate and build up.
Deciding which sport to do for weight loss depends largely on your preferences: try different sports for weight loss to choose the right one. If you do what you like, you don’t need to think about how to motivate yourself.
Tips for Beginners
A few simple tips for those who want working out as easily as placing a bet Canada:
- The question “How much exercise does it take to lose weight?” is incorrect. The result depends on your initial weight and individual characteristics, frequency, duration and intensity of exercise, and nutrition.
- Be sure to start your workout with a warm-up (head, arms, hands, body, knees, bends, jumps) to warm up your muscles and avoid injuries.
- Finish with a warm-up – small stretching, self-massage on a special roller, walking after a run.
- If you have never been engaged in sports, start a basic aerobic workout with 10 minutes, gradually increasing its duration by 5 minutes – up to 40-45 minutes.
- To achieve results and not to feel excessive strain, try to exercise 3-4 times a week and be sure to take breaks between workouts. Make a workout plan for weight loss.
- Watch your technique and try to do everything to the maximum, don’t slack off.
- Learn to maintain the same moderate-intensive pace throughout the workout and do not interrupt for long rests. Do an approach, rest for 10-60 seconds, repeat.
- Move more outside of your workout. Take walks, ride a bike, skate, scooter. Establish your norm of steps or kilometers per day – and conscientiously “walk” it. Try yoga and Pilates. Make movement a part of your life.
- Drink a glass of water shortly before your workout, take a few sips during your workout, and be sure to replenish fluid loss after exercise.