For students in the final year and for those who have completed their graduation, it is crucial to have career planning for their future. Best Career Counselling in India recommends career guidance to get clarity if someone is confused about: What to do next? What stream will suit me? Should I do a master’s? Is it necessary to go abroad to do my postgraduate degree? It is not a playful thing, but your whole life depends on one decision, which makes it very significant, and you should choose wisely. Having a vision is very important. If you are perplexed about your career options after graduation, it is necessary to seek help from the experts.
Role of career counselling in shaping your future
Just visualise. You are working in a company you do not like. You blame yourself for your wrong decisions and worry about not going behind your passionate stream. Alarming right? It is important to have career guidance at least once, to avoid ending up like that.
If you are someone,
- Who is the final year of the college
- Who has graduated
- Who wants to do a postgraduate degree
- Who wants to study abroad
- Who is looking for a job
- Who is harrowing to switch careers
- Who is not satisfied with your stream
Career counselling will benefit you in many ways, such as providing details regarding the availability of a plethora of career options, job opportunities, enhancing skills and grooming, etc. Counsellors help you analyse your passion and suggest choices accordingly to plan your future.
How will career counselling help college graduates?
- Help determine your strengths and weaknesses- Having a session with the counsellors will help you know your strengths and weaknesses. Career guidance assists find a suitable career path and analysing your plus and minuses. With a clear mind, you will be able to choose the right track after the counselling.
- Assessments and questionnaires to help you opt for the right field- Career counselling comes with a set of assessment and aptitude tests to help you understand your ability, passion, skills, values, and background finer. Based on your interests, the counsellors will suggest career options and assist you in getting your dream job. Career counsellors take a step even further and give tips in creating your resume and cover letter to bag your job.
- Turn your passion into your profession- From a recent survey, the record shows that more than 250+ courses and 3000+ occupations are available in the world. There is nothing like you cannot have a career in music, dance, acting or skating, etc. If you are passionate about something, ideal counselling will help you turn your dreams into reality. You can have a career out of your passion. Yes. It is possible. With the appropriate guidance and analysation of the risks and threats involved, one can chase their dreams without any barriers.
- Help you with your abroad dream- If you are looking for options to do a postgraduate degree abroad, career counsellors help you choose the right college and course. It also provides you details regarding the Visa procedures and buzz in grooming your skills for the foreign country.
- Help you find the right job- Career counselling will help you understand the job market and give you awareness about the global competition after analysing the scope and the future. Also, counselling hands you expand your network, create opportunities for jobs and insist you learn specific skills to grab the post.
What not to expect
- Career counselling relies upon your present assessment of skills, ability, passion, knowledge and values. If your interests change in future, you need to take up counselling again to opt for the right choice. If you are of an oscillating personality, do not expect a long-term purpose.
- You cannot get clarity over the availability of choices in one day. It takes time for both the counsellors and you to understand your wants better. You cannot conclude a single session.
- Careers counsellors are only guides and not the ultimate decision-making authority. It is you who have to take a stand for yourself.
When is the right time to take career guidance?
There is no such right time to seek career guidance help. It is better to be late than never. Career experts from the Best career counselling in Bangalore state that if you feel you are lagging behind others, do not like your job, outline to switch careers, what to become something else, etc., it is advisable to get help from an expert. If you feel shy, remember, it is your life and not some play. It is entirely okay to share your thoughts with the career counsellor, and it will be confidential till the end.
Why should colleges conduct career counselling?
Colleges are bound to include career counselling in their curriculum for the better moulding of their students to get into their passionate job. Best career counselling in Bangalore will help the students on how to proceed from where they feel stuck. Career counselling in colleges can be highly beneficial and motivating for young aspirants. Even though the counselling will not give them the answer to all of their problems, it will help them with the ideas of enhancing their skills and growing themselves.
Immediately after completing college, we would only think of establishing ourselves as financially stable. It is necessary to opt for the right course and job and master the required skills to land your dream job. Best career counselling in India helps you regulate your career path based on your interests, achieve success and shape your future.