One of the easiest methods of business communication is text marketing or SMS marketing. In the past, SMS or text messages were utilised predominantly for personal conversations. After the world witnessed an increase in the usage of smartphones, businesses have understood the scope and vitality of SMS marketing. After all, 9 out of 10 people choose online SMS to be well-informed about business communication. Well, there are different ways of sending SMS online, and it entirely depends upon the needs of the business. You can send and receive text messages with the help of email programs such as Gmail or Outlook. In case you have a computer with web access, you can enable Web-based SMS to send and receive text messages. For that, you don’t require any additional software. You can integrate text messages into your software by embedding your SMS gateway into the CRM or existing systems. In this manner, you can automate the sending and receiving of text messages. Since you are well-informed about the different ways, you can read on to know the benefits of SMS marketing for your business.
- It has the highest open rate: You can send text messages in bulk to several customers. Hence, sending SMS in bulk has the highest open rate than emails or phone calls. You can ensure that approximately 98 per cent of the SMS will be opened and read. Therefore, using online SMS in marketing campaigns has been a boon to many companies. It is effective and swift customer service.
- It has a better conversion rate: There are a plethora of advantages of using SMS in business. For instance, people will take action on promotions and offers shared through SMS rather than their new-age counterparts. Hence, businesses witness a better conversion rate with text messages than any other marketing service.
- It is inexpensive: SMS marketing is a highly cost-effective and inexpensive option. You can attain Bulk SMS options via SMS API or cloudy telephony platforms that can help businesses to reach thousands of customers in a few easy steps. When compared to billboards, television ads, magazines, or mobile ads, SMS marketing is a much more budget-friendly option.
- It helps reach a greater audience: The most important benefit of SMS marketing is reaching a greater audience. According to Statista, in 2018, SMS marketing was a choice of communication used for businesses since 52.2 percent of online traffic was generated through mobile phones. When you use SMS in business, you don’t require internet connectivity for receiving text messages. So, basically, a working phone is sufficient. Since text messages have increased, SMS marketing is widely popular in reaching a larger audience.
- The text message delivery is instant: You require a good Cloud telephony provider with strong network operator connections to reap the benefits of text messaging. If businesses want to deliver time-bound OTPs, you can make use of the network-operator relation. In case your messages are triggered from the SMS gateway platform, they can be delivered in milliseconds. Businesses can reach customers with quick delivery of messages.
- Campaign success visibility: Marketing campaigns like online SMS are crucial since you gain insights into the performance of your company or business. You can use this marketing campaign or strategy to garner attention from the right target audience. You can gain important details and real-time data such as the status of the message, the number of the message delivered, timestamps, etc. You can also learn if the customer has read the text messages or not. With such data, you can gain an understanding of your target audience. You will also learn how successful the marketing campaign was. It helps in taking necessary steps to gain more audience in the future.