BLDCBrushless Direct-Current motors convert electrical energy into mechanical energy. Innovative speeds, powerful torque, and low maintenance are the hallmarks of DC motors. Heavy-duty vehicles and robotics are just a few of the areas of use of DC motors. Closed-loop controllers receive energy from the BLDC via an inverter.
What is BLDC Fan Technology?
BLDC Fan technology has been causing a buzz on the market. This technology saves energy and aids in cutting down on electricity costs. The brushless direct current motor (BLDC) is powered by direct-current electricity. BLDC motors have permanent magnets instead of electromagnets in the induction motors.
The permanent magnet has lower energy loss and heat as compared to electromagnets. A BLDC motor converts the alternate energy into DC. It operates at voltage fluctuations and low voltage. BLDC Fan Technology is part of Energion Stylus that helps save energy and can make your living area more fashionable and appealing.
The BLDC motor comprises three components: the rotor-stator and the shaft. It utilizes a series of gears that convert electrical and inertial energy into mechanical energy. A BLDC fan driver draws its power from SMPS.
Pros and Cons of BLDC Fan
As with every technology, it has both sides. BLDC Fans also come with advantages and drawbacks.
Pros of BLDC fans
- AC motors power traditional ceiling fans. However, fans that use BLDC technology use brushless DC engines that reduce power consumption by up to 65%.
- BLDC windings are made of thick copper cables that guarantee an extended life span with fewer winding problems. The fans don’t get too hot.
- Carbon brushes are removed from the rotor as well as the stators of the BLDC fan. Therefore there is no maintenance expense associated with the replacement of brushes.
- BLDC fans provide high torque, ensuring the highest quality performance.
- An induction motor is made up of carbon bruises that cause friction that creates noise. A BLDC fan has zero friction, hence creating minimal noise.
- electronic systems control BLDC motors. It means there is less chance of collapsing due to wear and wear and tear. Induction motors are equipped with mechanical commutation units.
Cons of BLDC fans
- BLDC fans are more expensive when relative to induction fans. The system includes an electronic controller inside BLDC. A normal fan motor comes with an easy mechanical commutation mechanism.
- BLDC fans create only a few vibrations at low voltages and cause resonance. But it can be adjusted.
- It is important to note that the BLDC technology is brand new to fans, and it isn’t easy to find a knowledgeable technician to install it.
- The BLDC motor requires complicated wiring that must be put in place. Due to the presence that it has an electronic control unit that is linked to electromagnets
Importance of BLDC fan
Fans are an essential element of everyone’s lives regardless of the weather. We must be made aware that the fan runs for hours and uses more power than a refrigerator. Fans are the main factor in our power bills.
- BLDC fans consume a considerable amount of energy. They consume a small amount of power consumption that is reduced by up to 65 percent compared to an Induction motor fan.
- The BLDC motor is powered by a low current, which means it will last longer when using regular solar and inverters.
- They are operated by remote control, promoting the ultimate luxury and comfort.
- BLDC fans offer a relaxing zone, allowing timer and sleep mode to function.
- BLDC fans are equipped with the latest technology. This facility establishes specifications such as speed reduction at various intervals in time
How much does a BLDC fan save in a year?
An induction motor typically consumes around 80 Watts. A BLDC motor fan’s 35 Watt consumption. The fan is operated for nearly 8 hours all year round. The energy consumption rate is 7.7 per unit.
A typical fan consumes about 233.6 units (80 Watts 0.08*8*365), costing about 1635.2 rupees. 1635.2 (233.6 units, divided by 7)
The typical BLDC fan uses 87.6 units (30 Watts equals 0.03*8*365) which is about the amount of 613.2 (87.6*7). It saves us about the amount of Rs. 1022. per year. Most fans who work 8-plus hours a day earn between 1500 and 2000 dollars.