We live in a time where an online-run business has an advantage over businesses that thrive purely based on their offline activities. Setting up a business on your own is something that needs utmost patience. But the prerequisite for starting any business requires the ability to excel in that particular field, and the same applies to the case of running an online business too, like a bakeshop online. If you are an expert baker and looking forward to starting a bake shop online, take a look at some of the points to be kept in mind before you start and turn your passion into a profession.
- Have a business model and structure in mind: Can you guess what the simplest part of a business plan for any bake shop online is? It is the business model of the business plan- or rather, preparing baked goods. Considering the local demand and capacity is a must in the case of those who are planning to invest their money in the cake delivery business. Make sure you follow the business models of successful food delivery platforms to start with your business. Some of the options available for you to choose from include:
- Online Cake Shop
- Specialty Cake Shop
- Mobile Cake Shop
- Cake Shop with Sitting Arrangements
- Counter Service Cake Shop
Begin by retailing and switching to online mode may drive traffic in no time. However, being a time when people are looking for ways to stick to the social distancing norms, an online store would be preferable.
- Have a business plan in mind: Creating a sound business plan that determines the sustainability of your business is not easy as it sounds. We should keep in mind that the nature of products made; ease of access as well as the experience of management goes a long way in determining the success of your business. Having a good business plan will help you keep track of each of your activities and help you simultaneously identify your competitors, business market, and customer base. Make sure to calculate the business cost, expected ROI, and break-even for starting an online bakeshop.
- Identify your Niche: Starting any business requires us to identify our expertise, budget, and objectives. Make it a point to research the UAE market for getting better perspectives to identify your niche. Relying on your niche goes a long way in limiting your competition. You may charge a higher fee if the products you sell are of higher quality and want your brand to stand out.
- Finalize your business name and register your premises online: Choose an exclusive and appealing name for your bakery- Select a catchy name capturing the essence of your business. Make sure it includes your firm’s full name and excludes insulting words of any kind. Register your business online by taking the support of the local authority’s environmental health service at least 28 days prior to the day you start. Follow the right and effective registration process, to prevent refusals. Make sure to get contact details for the local authority and make use of the registration tool.
- Apply for a Trade License: Akin to the case with starting any other business, starting a bakery in Dubai also requires us to obtain the necessary permits from the Department of Food and Safety. Once that is completed, the bakery license will be issued by the Department of Economic Development.
- Additional Approvals: Seek additional permits other than your bakery license in case a few of your activities are not mentioned in your approved license. Based on the business model, these approvals could be related to food import or something similar. Investors should also bear in mind to adhere to the food code standard that is to be maintained in UAE and to follow the paperwork norms.
- Meet the Infrastructural Requirements: Now comes the most interesting part as far the bakers are concerned- your menu and the infrastructure. Include as much variety as possible to cater to the requirements of a heterogeneous crowd, including the tourists
- Build your website: Make sure you put enough effort into developing a user-centric business product and showcase amazing pictures and videos on the platform. Develop a simple website containing all important details that represent your business like what you do and where your business is based. Adding clients’ testimonials as well as social media links is something that should not be overlooked. Utilize social media pages to share mouth-watering photographs to attract your target audience. Use link-building strategies and SEO keyword searches for better reach.
- Keep Track of your Business Activities: Keep track of each business activity as well as your income and expenses. Having this information can help you figure out scalability and building a strong business model
- Access to the right equipment and ingredients: Good quality equipment and ingredients are a prerequisite for starting and running an online bakery.
If you are someone who always dreams of having an online bakeshop, Quoodo presents a whopping collection of baking supplies and dry fruits online that can help you win the heart of customers with ease. Some of the baking supplies available at Quoodo include Sprinkles, Non-Pareils, Cocoa Powder, Yeast, Bread Crumbs, and some of our Roasted Dry Fruits, Nuts, and Seeds include Dry Fruits, Nuts, Almond, Pistachio, Raisins, Cashew, Mixed Nuts, peanuts, Apricot, Sunflower Seeds, Chia Seeds.
So, the next time you feel like starting a bakeshop online, consider following these tips and purchase your much-needed baking supplies from Quoodo and we bet you wouldn’t regret taking this step!