As an eCommerce business owner, it is important to have a clear understanding of how to utilize Google Shopping ads for expanding your eCommerce reach. By doing so, you will be able to take full advantage of this powerful tool and channel more traffic and potential customers to your online store.
Google Shopping is a platform that allows businesses to showcase their products in a visually appealing way, making it more likely for shoppers to find and purchase items they are interested in. In order to make the most out of this tool, businesses need to invest time and resources into creating high-quality product listings that accurately reflect their brand identity. Additionally, businesses should consider using Google Shopping ads to drive even more traffic and sales to their online stores.
When used effectively, Google Shopping ads can be an extremely powerful tool for expanding your eCommerce reach. By investing the time and resources into creating high-quality product listings and utilizing this tool to its full potential, you can dramatically increase traffic and sales for your business. In doing so, you will be able to take your eCommerce operation to the next level and achieve even greater success.
Google Shopping ads can be an extremely powerful tool for expanding your Google Ads eCommerce reach. By investing the time and resources into creating high-quality product listings and utilizing this tool to its full potential, you can dramatically increase traffic and sales for your business. In doing so, you will be able to take your eCommerce operation to the next level and achieve even greater success.
If you are not using Google Shopping ads for your eCommerce business, now is the time to start. By taking advantage of this powerful platform, you can expand your reach, drive more traffic, and generate more sales. In doing so, you will be able to take your business to new heights and achieve even greater success in the future.
Learn how you can leverage Google Shopping Ads and benefit from the vast search volumes Google generates monthly. Identify and target the right audience. Boost traffic to your eCommerce website and convert qualified prospects into loyal customers.
What are Google Shopping Ads?
Google Shopping Ads are online ads that appear when people search for products on Google. They’re different from the text ads that appear on the Google Search Network because they show an image of the product, its price, and other important information like merchant name and reviews.
Why advertise on Google Shopping?
People who use Google to search for products are already interested in buying what they’re looking for—they just need to find the right store. That’s where your ad comes in. By appearing next to relevant search results, you can grab the attention of these high-intent shoppers and drive them to your website or local store.
How do I get started with Google Shopping Ads?
To start selling your products on Google, you’ll need to sign up for a free Merchant Center account and create a product data feed. Once you’ve done that, you can create Shopping campaigns in your Google Ads account to start promoting your products.
Creating a product data feed
A product data feed is a file that contains all of the information that Google needs to know about your products, like the product name, price, image, availability, and more. You’ll need to submit this file to Google through your Merchant Center account.
There are two ways to create a product data feed: manually or using a program like Feedonomics which is recommended by Yoru Marketing
signing up for a Merchant Center account:
- Go to google.com/merchants.
- Click Get started.
- Follow the instructions to sign up for a Merchant Center account.
- Once you’ve signed up, click Data feeds on the left-hand side of the page, then click +Data feed.
- Enter a name for your data feed and select your preferred language and target country from the drop-down menus.
- Click Continue.
- On the next page, select which type of products you want to advertise: physical goods or services. Depending on your selection, you’ll see different required attributes that you’ll need to include in your data feed file. Make sure to review these before moving on.
- When you’re ready, click Continue.
- On the next page, select an option to get your product data: manually upload a file or use a program like Feedonomics
- If you choose to manually upload a file, you’ll need to create a data feed file following Google’s specifications. Once you’ve done that, you can upload the file to Merchant Center following the instructions on this page.
- If you choose to use a program like Feedonomics, you can connect your eCommerce platform or POS system and generate a product data feed automatically. You can then submit this feed to Merchant Center following the instructions on this page.
Creating a Shopping campaign in Google Ads
Once you’ve set up your Merchant Center account and created a product data feed, you can create Shopping campaigns in your Google Ads account to start promoting your products.
- Sign in to your Google Ads account.
- Click the Campaigns tab.
- Click +Campaign, then select Shopping from the list of campaign types.
- Select your preferred settings, then click Continue.
- On the next page, you’ll need to select which products you want to advertise and how much you want to spend on each product group. You can either manually select individual products or use product groups to automatically show all of the products in your feed.
- When you’re done, click Continue.
- On the next page, you’ll need to create your adgroups. An ad group is a collection of ads and keywords that you want to use to target a specific group of products.
- To create an ad group, click +Ad group, then enter a name for your ad group and select the product group you want to target.
- Once you’ve selected a product group, click Continue.
- On the next page, you’ll need to create your ads. You can either use product listings from your feed or create custom text ads.
- To create a custom text ad, click +Ad, then enter your ad text and destination URL.
- Once you’ve created your ad, click Save and Continue.
- On the next page, you’ll need to add keywords that you want to use to trigger your ads. You can either add individual keywords or use product groups to automatically target all of the products in your feed.
- When you’re done, click Continue.
- Review your settings and click Finish if everything looks good.
- Your Shopping campaign will now be live and your ads will start appearing on Google Shopping! By utilizing Google Shopping Ads, you can tap into a new market of consumers that are actively looking to purchase products related to your business. With the holiday season quickly approaching, now is the time to start preparing your Google Shopping Ads campaign and take advantage of this growing trend in eCommerce marketing. Have you tried using Google Shopping Ads for your business? What tips would you recommend for other businesses looking to get started?