Anxiety disorders are one of the most common mental disorders in the nation. There are currently more than forty million adults that suffer from this each year. However, what most people get confused about is that there are many different types of anxiety disorders. It doesn’t fall into a single category.
Knowing the different types of this condition, there are, will help you see which anxiety treatment centers can help you.
There Are Different Levels Of Anxiety Disorder
Anxiety has some common symptoms. A significant feeling of being on edge, getting tired quickly, sleeping issues, tension in the muscles, and things of this nature. You can also experience physical symptoms such as stomach and chest pain, panicky, or sweating. An actual anxiety disorder will cause a great deal of stress and make you feel out of control. It can also occur all day and make functioning impossible.
There are a variety of different types of anxiety disorders, and they include the following:
- Social anxiety disorder- This is a disorder that occurs in areas where there are people. Being around a party, work, or even school can cause a panic attack.
- Agoraphobia- Not super common, this is a fear of crowded places. It also stems from a fear of open areas.
- Generalized anxiety disorder- A more common area of anxiety, GAD is caused by stress and stress can be linked to almost anything.
- PTSD- This occurs most often in soldiers in the military, but it can also occur in anyone else who has had a traumatic event occur in their lives. It can be highly debilitating.
- Obsessive-compulsive disorder- One of the most common and challenging to deal with; this mental issue can cause repetitive behavior or intrusive thoughts if you have Pure OCD.
Anxiety Treatment Centers Can Help
Anxiety treatment centers are needed when you have trouble functioning in your daily life. If your physical symptoms keep persisting and won’t go away, you need help before you cannot perform. If the physical symptoms keep persisting, it means that you are unable to deal with this effectively.
Another sign that you need help is when you can’t function in your daily life. An example would be an inability to complete simple tasks. When you can’t think clearly or feel blocked, you can find it practically impossible to do the easiest things like making your bed or clearing clutter from a table. If you find that your relationships are suffering as well and panic attacks are ruining your life, you need to seek help to get your life back.
Don’t Wait To Get The Help You Need
When you need help, addiction recovery centers can help ensure that you have the inner strength to overcome your suffering. Anxiety can take over your entire life in every aspect, and when you have specific areas of anxiety, you have a constant war in your head. Getting the help you need before it gets worse can save your life.