Many businesses and government entities of Australia have shown a great increase in their dependence on the internet, especially during the COVID-19 pandemic. Due to this dependence, many cyber actors have been exploiting vulnerable targets in Australia. More than 67500 cyber crimes were reported in the financial year of 2020-2021 in Australia, which is an increase of 13 per cent than the previous financial year. Additionally, a report suggests a cyber-attack every 8 minutes compared to the last financial year in which the attack was for every 10 minutes. Hence, you must hire a cyber security company in Australia to protect your network and computer. Keep reading to know more about cyber security along with the types and benefits.
What is cyber security?
Cyber security protects your system from threats in cyberspace when connected to the internet. It involves the protection of the hardware, data and software. It also prevents cyber-criminals from gaining access to the network or devices. You have the best cyber security solution if it includes cloud security, application security, data security, identity management, endpoint security, and mobile and network security. It must also include business continuity planning and disaster recovery. Furthermore, you must apply preventive methods against any future cyber-attack and educate employees about them. How can you know about CISSP Training in Kuala Lumpur
What are the types of cyber security?
You will find various types of cyber security, but the following types are the most common ones. Read on to know about them.
- DDoS attack: When cyber-criminals send too much traffic, they overwhelm a network or its servers. This type of attack is called a DDoS attack or Distributed Denial of Service Attack. Since it prevents the network from managing valid requests, it allows the whole system to be unusable. The DDoS attack can stop organisations completely.
- Malware: Malware is malicious software, which includes Trojan horses, worms, spyware and any other file or program that can be harmful to the computer. It is spread either by an attachment through emails or legitimate downloads.
- Phishing: Phishing is a cyber-security threat in which information like credit card details and passwords are attained by sending fake emails.
What are the benefits of cyber security?
Cyber security has transformed from solving problems in IT to solving business problems. The attacks on various businesses have made cyber security imperative. It is a must to invest in cyber security infrastructure and certifications for employees and IT solutions to safeguard the business. Read on to learn more about the benefits of cyber security.
- It increases productivity: You cannot do business if you can’t access your own network and systems. Therefore, you must invest in the right technology and infrastructure to protect against cybercriminals and their various attacks. You can improve the productivity of your employees by allowing them to enhance their cyber security knowledge. When businesses invest in their learning, they will gain a particular skill set and feel more inclined to do their work. Additionally, it will motivate them to improve their performance and understand any suspicious files or malicious links.
- Customer trust and confidence: Customers prefer purchasing goods and services from completely secure business websites. Modern customers are well-aware of data security and protection. Furthermore, they understand that the data can be misused due to their sensitive nature. Therefore, many businesses have integrated IT support solutions with cyber security in their everyday operations. It allows customers to feel safe in the long term while transacting with them. You can look for a cyber security company in Australia to increase your security and protect your customers from any digital threats.
- Risks of remote working: Since many employees are working remotely during the pandemic, the threat to sensitive information has increased. It allows your business to be at risk. Hence, it is important to invest in good IT solutions to reduce the risks of remote working. After all, good IT solutions will provide protection from various business security threats.